Thứ Hai, 24 tháng 8, 2015

My Virgin Flight With SilkAir

I believe everyone love to try new things, right? So do I. Most of the times I prefer to stick with the airlines I'm comfortable with but then, it's not harm to venture new carrier once in a while.

In order to fly directly from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore, we only have two options; either with AirAsia or SilkAir. Flying with Malaysia Airlines would be time consuming cause it requires a transit in Kuala Lumpur before reach the desired destination. Sounds pretty funny right?

So last year, I decided to book my first ever virgin flight with SilkAir. SilkAir is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines and serves the short-haul destinations around Southeast Asia, Australia, China and Indian Subcontinent. The fare including 20kg of baggage allowance and complimentary meal and beverage service- obviously, it's not a low-cost carrier.

Silk Air 01
#1: SilkAir Airbus A320 at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (Terminal 1)

Silk Air 02
#2: My boarding pass with passport cover

Silk Air 03
#3: It's time for boarding!

This flight is divided into two distinctive classes of cabin - Business class and Economy class. When I stepped into the economy class, I was warm welcomed with its autumn colour scheme seats. 

Silk Air 09
#4: Economy class seat with 3-3 configuration

Initially, I purposely pre-assigned the front row but when during the process of check-in the counter, the staff asked whether do I mind to switch my seat with other passenger who like to sit together with the rest of his/her family members and because I was travelling alone, I don't mind with the switching seat arrangement. Guess what, I was given seat next to the emergency door.

Silk Air 06
 #5: Extra legroom space I got

Normal legroom for economy class seat is 12 inches but then sitting next to emergency door, can you imagine how long is the extra legroom I experienced? I can't even reach the in-flight magazine with my seat-belt fastened. I'm no kidding!

Silk Air 04
#6: Complimentary in-flight magazine

Silk Air 05
#7: City of Hanoi as the front cover

Silk Air 07
#7: Sumptuous in-flight meal - Sorry to say this but SilkAir one is much better than Malaysia Airlines, honestly speaking.

Silk Air 08
#8: Indeed a pleasant and comfortable flight with SilkAir

I don't mind to fly again with SilkAir provided the airfare is affordable and worth every dollar I spent. Not just the seat was comfortable but excellent and impeccable in-flight services from their helpful and friendly cabin crews.

Singapore Changi Airport
#9: Singapore Changi International Airport after 2 hours and 10 minutes flight

 SilkAir is flying directly from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore daily. 

Disclaimer:
This review is truly based on my own personal experience and is my genuine and honest opinion of this airlines, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét